These bars combine coconut and lemon and have a burst of lemon flavour. Perfect for sharing with friends, or store them cut in the freezer to enjoy yourself whenever you would like.
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
For the Base
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until the ingredients come together in a clump. Add a little extra water if the mixture isn't sticking together.
- Once the mixture is ready, line a 9x9 pan with baking paper and press the mixture into the bottom.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, create the filling by adding the coconut to a food processor and blending until it turns into manna (coconut butter). This may take up to 15 minutes, but will allow the bars to set. You do not have to take the butter to a completely smooth consistency, but as long as the coconut has reached a spreadable stage and the oils have released.
- Once the coconut is ready, add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, cashews, coconut cream and coconut oil. Blend on high speed to combine and to prevent the lemon from curdling the milk and making it separate.