Searching for the perfect dairy-free chevre? Try making your own! This recipe utilizes creamy macadamia and pine nuts for the base, and involves a hint of lemon and dried lavender with an accent of sweet maple for a really creative and fun flavor variation. Serve it with flax crackers or crumbled over fresh berries for the perfect splurge.
- 2 cups raw pine nuts or macadamia nuts, soaked in filtered water for 4 hours and drained
- juice of one lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender
- In a high speed blender combine all the cheese ingredients (except lavender) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the lavender until well combined.
- Place in a piece of cheesecloth and roll up into a log a couple inches around. Place in the fridge overnight to chill before serving.