This recipe uses a minimal amount of ingredients – each one serving a specific purpose. The base for the truffles are simple: just dates and hazelnut butter, with a decent amount of raw cacao. The addition of rose oil takes the recipe to a whole other level. When the truffles were done simply coat each one in melted dark chocolate, decorate with dried rose petals, and enjoy a taste of bliss.
- Start with adding all the ingredients for the truffles to a food processor. Process until you get a firm dough.
- Press the dough into a lined tin and place in the freezer for minimum an hour.
- Remove the douch carefully from the tin and slice it into bite-sized squares.
- Melt the chocolate on low heat and carefully cover each truffle with it. Decorate with rose petals if desired.
- The truffles should be stored in the fridge or freezer.