A raw, flourless Holiday cake by Kokos Kitchen bursting with spicy gingerbread flavor made with nuts, dates, raisins, lemon zest and coconut sugar, topped with a deliciously tangy, lemon infused cashew cream cheeze frosting. Garnish with a sprinkling of raw pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, or goji berries for a delectable pop of color (and a few extra antioxidants) and maybe a few cacao nibs too! Enjoy!
Gingerbread Cake: -
Raw Walnuts - 1 cup
Raw Almonds - 1 cup
Medjool Dates - 1 cup, pitted, soaked in for 10 mins in warm water
Raisins - 1 cup
Gingerbread Spice - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/8
Lemon Zest - 1 tsp
Coconut Sugar - 1/4 cup
Water - 1 TBSP
Cashew Cheeze Frosting: -
Cashews - 1 cup, soaked 2 hours
Lemon Juice - 2 TBSP
Coconut Oil - 2 TBSP
Vanilla Powder - 1/2 tsp
Xylitol - 1 TBSP
Maple Syrup - 2 TBSP
Lemon Zest, to garnish
1) In a food processor, process almond until roughly chopped.
2) Add walnuts, dates, raisins, salt, gingerbread spice, lemon zest, coconut sugar, and water. Pulse until mixture just starts to ball up. This took me about 5 minutes of pulsing and scraping the processor down, pulsing and scraping the processor down, etc. If you overprocess, too much oil will release and the mix will be too sticky. You want the nuts to still be visible- not a puree.
3) When correct texture is reached, press into an 8 inch round pan. I used a parchment-lined springform for easy removal.
4) In a high speed blender or food processor, blend all of the topping ingredients until smooth.
5) Spread over nut mixture and garnish with lemon zest, and any other desired topping such as dried cranberries, cacao nibs, pomegranate seeds, etc.