Delicious no bake, raw, vegan, and gluten-free double chocolate mint bars by Ann Oliverio of An Unrefined Vegan. Enjoy as a healthy sweet snack to boost the blood sugar and overcome a mid afternoon energy slump or eat as a wholesome chocolatey dessert at the end of the day. Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you have a true gluten sensitivity. Enjoy!
2 cups rolled oats, divided
1 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
3 tbsp. cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw pepitas
1/3 cup natural nut butter
1 tsp. vanilla-flavored stevia liquid (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1) Line a 9″ x 9″ pan with parchment.
2) Place one cup of the rolled oats in a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit for about 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
3) In the bowl of a food processor, grind the dates and walnuts until finely chopped and then add the flaxseed meal, mint leaves, and cacao powder. Process until finely chopped and thoroughly combined.
4) Put the date mixture into a large bowl and then add the 1 cup of soaked oats, the 1 cup of dry oats, the cacao nibs, sunflower seeds, pepitas, nut butter, the extracts, and the water. Use your hands to mix and knead the dough.
5) When thoroughly combined, place mixture in prepared pan and pat down so that it’s even. Place in the refrigerator to let set for a few hours before slicing.