This is a really easy dessert to make and is perfect to share with those you adore. It features custard apples, a unique seasonal fruit also known as cherimoya with a sweet and gooey texture, vanilla undertones, and aromatic lusciousness. Enjoy!
- ½ cup of flaked Almonds
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- 5 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of soft dates (soak in warm water and strain if need be)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 ripe, soft, medium size custard apple- flesh only (no skin or pips!)
- 2 small or 1 medium size ripe banana
- 1 ½ cups of raw cashews (soak for 2-4 hours then strain and rinse well)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A tiny pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of clove powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon of orange zest (use a blood orange if in season!)
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Place all of the base ingredients in your food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Press it into the base of a square slice tin around 1 centimeter thick and place in the fridge while you make the filling.
Filling- You will need a high speed blender to make this really smooth and creamy!
- Place all of the ingredients except for the coconut oil into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You can add a touch more almond milk if you need too.
- Add the coconut oil and blend for another 30-60 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy and not grainy.
- Spoon the mixture into the base and smooth it over evenly. Place in the fridge to set (2-4 hours) and then slice as you like. I topped mine with orange slices and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the base and smooth it over evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set (2-4 hours) and then slice as you like. I topped mine with orange slices and walnuts.