This raw chevre is the perfect thing to serve around the Holidays! Buttery raw pecans around the outside give it a nice crunch, while chewy cranberries on the inside add a nice pop of tart and sweet while contributing to a fun variation of texture. Probiotics and a squeeze of lemon give this recipe that goat cheese-like tang. You don’t even have to tell people it is vegan, because they probably wont believe you since it tastes just as delicious as the dairy version
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat, packed
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter or macadamia nut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp probiotic powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the coconut meat, cashew butter, sea salt, lemon juice, and probiotic powder, and blend until smooth. Scoop into a bowl, and cover. Let sit out overnight, until it is tangy (give the probiotics a chance to work).
- Once it is tangy, mix in the cranberries, and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Once chilled, scoop onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and use it to shape into a log (kind of rolling it on the inside of the plastic). Spread out pecans on a plate, and then roll the cheese log in it using the plastic to assist you so it does not stick to your hands. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to firm up before serving. Keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator.