Suppose you were on a deserted island and could only bring ONE dessert…it might have to be this one. A dessert like this is perfect to end a dinner: chocolatey, sweet but not too much, melting in the mouth – all the while being free of dairy, gluten, and refined sugar. New Years Eve dessert perhaps?
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dried pums
- 2 TbSp carob/cocoa powder
- a little bit of water, if needed
- 6 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 170 gr unsweetened raw cacao paste, melted
- 2 Tbs lucuma powder
- 2 Tbs carob
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 10 dates
- 2 cups almond milk
- Process the walnuts and the plums in a mixer until finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into the bottom of a mold lined with parchment paper, and set aside in the fridge.
To make the cream
- Mix the chia seeds and the water. Will thicken in about 10 min.
- Using a high blender, mix all the ingredients + the chia seeds until you get a smooth cream. Pour it over the base and decorate. Let the tart in the fridge to set for some hours or overnight.