Macadamia nuts, coconut, vanilla, maple, and matcha team up to create the most heavenly base for a truffle ball smothered in raw chocolate. Enjoy one (or 3) with your next mug of hot tea!
- 3/4 cup macadamias
- 1 + 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender (or food processor) and process until completely combined and smooth. Place mixture into the freezer to firm a little, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and roll the mixture into small balls, then place on a lined baking tray and freeze until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup, whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring well until well mixed through.
- Once the matcha truffles are ready, coat in the chocolate mixture. I use either two spoons or a spoon and a fork to coat them in the chocolate mixture and drain off any excess.
- Place them back in the freezer for a minimum 10 minutes so that the chocolate sets. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.