Sweet, heavenly decadence by Kristina Ladecka of Spiced Blueberry Shake! A coconut and date crust layered with a dark chocolate mousse, whipped coconut cream with fresh vanilla bean and a garnish of lavender flowers and fresh figs. Luxurious yet completely guilt-free! If fresh figs aren’t available try substituting blueberries or even slices of fresh pear. If a special occasion arises you now have the perfect dessert to celebrate with….
2 cups coconut pulp waste from raw coconut cream (recipe bellow) or almond flour
2 cups dates, pitted
1/2 vanilla stalk
3 big coconuts with hard shell
5 cups water or more if needed
nut milk bag
1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder
3 Tbsp raw honey or other raw sweetener of your choice
3 Tbsp dried lavender flowers
3 fresh figs, sliced
For the raw coconut cream:
1) Crack the coconuts and remove the coconut meat. Cut into small pieces and blend in a high speed blender along with the water. Blend well and if too thick, add more water.
2) Using nut milk bag, separate the the coconut milk from the pulp and squeeze well into a bowl so the pulp gets dry enough.
3) Place the milk in the fridge and wait until the cream settles on the top (this can take a few hours so the best is to prepare the cream day ahead).
4) Then spoon it into another bowl and whip with vanilla powder and honey. Place in the fridge.
For the crust:
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until you get dough like mixture.
2) Line your springform with a nonstick sheet and press the dough in to create a crust.
For the chocolate cream:
1) Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour into the springform and top with the coconut cream.
3) Place in the freezer to set until firm, for about 3 hours.
4) Then remove the springform and decorate your cake with lavender flowers and figs.