These mini chocolate hazelnut cakes taste a bit like nutella x ice cream, though they’re entirely raw and made without any dairy, eggs, flour or refined sugar. Guaranteed to impress family and friends, vegan or otherwise!
- 1½ cups coconut flakes/chips
- ½ cup rolled oats (fine)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 100g of Medjool dates, pitted (about 6)
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1¼ cups hazelnuts
- 1¼ cups almond milk (or oat milk/coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ raw cacao butter, liquefied*
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Large pinch of coarse sea salt
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Place oats and coconut in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Add cacao powder and salt and blend again.
- Add dates last, one at a time, and blend till the mixture holds together when pressed. If it is on the dry side, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Press mixture evenly into the base of silicon muffin moulds (about 1 heaped tablespoon per cavity, there is enough to fill 12 cavities).
- Place hazelnuts and almond milk in a high-speed blender, and whiz till smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add all other ingredients and blend for another 1 minute. Stop and scrape the sides down as needed.
- Pour filling into the muffin moulds, but don’t fill right to the top – leave about a 5mm gap.
- Gently press a small handful of whole hazelnuts into the tops. Transfer to the freezer to set (will take a few hours).
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour into a squeeze-bottle, and drizzle over frozen cakes.
- Remove from freezer 15-30 minutes before serving, to soften.