These are very easy to make – just throw all the macaroon ingredients into a food processor, blend and roll into balls and dip into dark chocolate. Chewy and coconutty with the flavor of cherries and rich dark chocolate…a match made in heaven!
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup soft unsweetened dried cherries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter
- 3/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place 1 1/2 cups coconut, cherries, vanilla, sea salt, almond butter, and coconut butter in the food processor and process until smooth and well combined.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup coconut and pulse until the mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Form mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place in the freezer to harden for about 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate, whisk together all ingredients until smooth, in a small bowl.
- Lay out a piece of parchment, and dip the macaroons one by one into the chocolate and set them back on the tray. Allow the chocolate to set (which will happen faster if you place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes). Store extra macaroons in the fridge.