No shame in admitting sometimes the craving hits for something naughty…Cheez-It naughty…
Well if you find yourself in that predicament have no fear, Lisa Viger of Raw on $10 a Day or Less has the perfect recipe for you!
These turn out crunchy, salty, cheesy, with just the perfect amount of spice. And the best part is they’re made with 100% raw, wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about ingesting. Enjoy!
1 cup nuts (I used half Brazil Nuts and half Walnuts)
1 red bell pepper
1/2 jalapeno, finely minced
juice of one lemon
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water for blending
1) Blend all ingredients except jalapeno in blender until pureed and creamy.
2) Fold in the finely minced jalapeno.
3) Spread the cheeze mix thinly on plastic or teflex lined sheets in dehydrator.
4) When top is dry enough, which takes a few hours, flip and peel from the sheets. Score into square shapes, if desired (mine turned out a bit rustic, but that didn't affect the flavor).
5) Continue to dehydrate for several hours or overnight, until crisp and break into pieces.