Instead of cake, as in traditional trifle, this raw recipe utilizes sliced apples (more like apple sticks), layered with apple cream, then garnished with a raw caramel sauce. So tasty!
- 2 cups peeled, diced apples
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut butter
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, diced apples
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lucuma, sifted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter*
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Blend the first 5 ingredients until completely smooth. Add the butter and oil. Blend again to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the filling and add back to the blender with the 1 1/2 cups diced apples. Blend until smooth (or measure out more filling and and diced apples to use up all the filling. Equal ratio.)
- Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Add the maple, almond butter, and vanilla to a small bowl. Sift the lucuma over top. Stir in.
- Layer the apple cream, caramel sauce, sliced apples, and chopped pecans.