Oh my, banana cream pie! This has to be the best raw, vegan banana cream pie we’ve come across. A decadent culinary experience complete with a rich, buttery crust with hints of salt, creamy coconut banana filling, a layer of dense chocolate, vanilla frosting, and crunchy macadamia coconut streusel. Sink your teeth into a little piece of heaven!
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cups shredded, dried coconut
1/2 cup sprouted, dried buckwheat (or additional coconut
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
8 soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped
2 cups sliced bananas
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours in filtered water and drained)
1 1/2 cups young coconut meat or soaked cashews (drained)
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp raw agave nectar or honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract and seeds from half a vanilla bean (other half reserved for topping)
1/3 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
2 sliced bananas
3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
3/4 cup raw cashew pieces (preferably soaked overnight)
1/4 cup coconut water
1 cups fresh young coconut meat (or additional soaked cashews if not available)
3 Tbsp raw agave nectar or raw honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 teaspoons vanilla and seeds of half a vanilla bean
1/4 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup large flake coconut
large pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp honey
For the crust:
1) combine the nuts, coconut, and buckwheat in a food processor and process until crumbs.
2) Add the sea salt and dates and process until the mixture starts to come together when squeezed.
3) Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 6 inch springform pan, sprayed with non-stick coconut oil spray. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
1) combine 2 cups bananas, coconut, coconut water, agave, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the coconut oil and process for a minute.
2) Divide the mixture into 2 bowls, then place one back in the food processor and add cacao powder. Process until combined.
3) Pour the chocolate filling mixture over the prepared crust, then top with sliced bananas, then the plain filling, then more bananas. Place in the freezer to set for about an hour.
1) combine the cashews, coconut water, sea salt, honey, and vanilla anc process until smooth. Add the coconut oil slowly with the motor running (If the mixture starts to separate and clump, the filling is too cold to emulsify the oil, so warm some of it and process again).
2) Place the topping in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes until it firms up to frosting consistency. Once frosting consistency, move to the fridge until ready to use.
3) Once the filling has set, spread over the tart.
4) In a food processor, place macadamia nuts, coconut, sea salt, and honey and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle over tart, and serve! Store extra in the fridge.