These ultra chewy apple pie squares combine all of the amazing flavors of an apple pie into delicious healthy snack bites.
- 2 medium apples (300 g peeled and cored)
- 1 cup (140 g) hazelnuts
- 2 cups (280 g) raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup (45 g) chia seeds
- Peel and core the apples and chop them up roughly.
- Transfer to a food processor with all the remaining ingredients and pulse until you get a compact mixture that sticks together.
- Stop the processor and scrape the sides as needed. This is easier to do in a Vitamix or another high-powered blender but a good old food processor will do the job as well. The "dough" doesn't have to be entirely smooth, just fairly compact.
- Transfer to a large loaf pan or a small square pan lined with plastic foil and push the mixture in evenly.
- Cool for a couple hours until it firms up a bit and then cut into squares. You can also drizzle the squares with chocolate if you like :)