Organic almonds covered in gently warmed truly raw honey then rolled in raw sesame seeds and dehydrated until perfectly crunchy. If you like sweet and crunchy nut mixes but would rather not indulge in the processed junk sold at the supermarket than make your own! It’s so very simple. This recipe by Joelle Amiot of jarOhoney would also work well with other varieties of nuts such as pistachios or cashews. You may also soak and sprout your almonds beforehand for easier digestion and an even lighter, crunchier texture. Enjoy!
1) In your small pot place the pyrex in and fill the pot half way with water, do not get water into the pyrex. Place on your stove on medium heat and bring the water to 110 degrees F, use a calibrated thermometer to be sure. Hold at this heat by adjusting your stove to low.
2) Place your almonds in a large mixing bowl. Place the honey in the pyrex and while stirring often, heat until liquid.
3) Add the warmed honey to the almonds and stir until all of the almonds are coated well.
4) In a medium bowl place your sesame seeds in.
5) Drop small amounts of the coated almond into the seeds and roll around until evenly completely coated.
6) Remove the seeded almonds to the solid tray of your dehydrator. Continue to seed the almonds in small batches until completed. Dehydrate for 6 hours to set up.
7) Remove from your dehydrator, allow to cool for 1 hour and place in a sealed container. ENJOY!!