Who doesn’t love chocolate and raspberries?! This recipe is good all year-round – the combination never goes out of style! Raw Cacao contains the mood booster, anandamide — known as at the bliss molecule, which gives you a feeling of euphoria. It’s also rich in heart-protective antioxidants – containing the same polyphenol antioxidants as green tea and red wine. No fancy equipment needed to make this recipe – only a food processor. No excuses not to give it a go!
- 2 ripe avocados, medium size
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- dash cayenne pepper optional
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar or any liquid sweetener
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Add melted coconut oil and process again until combined. Mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Place chocolate mousse in a container and set in fridge while making the raspberry compote.
- Place raspberries and coconut nectar in a medium size bowl and mash with a whisk until you achieve a jam consistency.
- Layer glasses starting with raspberry compote followed by chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with coconut whipped cream, cacao nibs, raspberries and mint.