Is your number one excuse for not eating healthier that you don’t have enough time? This is the perfect recipe for you. You don’t even need to mix up your dressing separately. All ingredients go in one bowl and with a little hand-mixing you’re good to go. If you find kale too bitter or tough to chew raw you definitely need to try out this method.
- 1 head of kale, destemmed
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 large handful of your favorite sprouts (I love alfalfa)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber, or 2 Persian cucumbers
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 ripe, soft avocado
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon saukeraut (make sure it is not pasteurized, and says raw, or make your own)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Take all of the leaves of kale off of the stems.
- Place the leaves in a bowl, and chop them up slightly or tear by hand.
- Mix the leaves with the lemon juice and massage vigorously with your hands until the kale leaves turn bright green.
- Mix with chopped avocado and mix well with your hands again.
- Chop all veggies and add them to the bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix.