Searching for an epic raw vegan appetizer to serve at an upcoming New Years party? Look no further than this pine nut chevre with cranberry pear relish. You can serve this with any type of raw cracker, or make the sweet potato chips also included below. Aside from being tasty, they also add a beautiful pop of color to the presentation.
Pine nut chevre:
- 2 cups pine nuts, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp filtered water as needed
- 2 cups fresh organic cranberries
- 1 large organic sweet pear, such as dánjou
- 3 Tbsp raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- a pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- zest of one organic lemon, plus 2 Tbsp juice
Sweet Potato Chips- Makes about 8 cups
- 2 large yams, sliced paper thin
- coconut oil, melted to liquid
- sea salt
- To make the chevre, combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth, adding a Tbsp or two of water as needed to create a goat cheese like consistency (do not add too much or it will be too thin.).
- Place the cheese in 2 layers of cheesecloth, fold it around the cheese and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the relish and pulse until chopped and combined but still chunky. Serve the relish with the chevre.
Sweet Potato Chips
- Dehydrate the yam slices for about 12 hours until crispy, then toss with a thin layer of coconut oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.