Topped with a healthy caramel sauce, this nutmeg infused pear tart is a delicious and satisfying treat you’ll immediately fall in love with.
- 1 batch of my 3-Ingredient 5-Minute, Nut-Free Paleo Pie Crust for a 6” to 7” pan
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional but highly recommended, you can sub cinnamon or cardamom too if you prefer)
- 2 medium pears (ca. 400 g)
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) maple syrup or agave (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
- optional: 1 batch of my homemade caramel sauce for topping
- Prepare the no-bake version of the crust according to the instructions, adding the nutmeg to the mixture.
- Wash and core the pears and slice into thick slices.
- Toss the pear slices with lemon juice and maple syrup and arrange on top of the sunflower-date crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes (skip this step if making the no-bake version).
- Let cool completely (chill in the fridge if making the no-bake version).
- Top with my homemade caramel sauce if you like and dig in.