Rich in protein, iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, fiber, natural sweetness, and with no added sugar, these bites are the perfect no-bake treat to enjoy in place of sugary treats. Enjoy as a snack and keep them in the fridge all week long or feel free to free them for even longer storage.
- Soak the dates, figs, and almonds overnight in a bowl covered with some cold water. Use enough water just enough to cover them.
- The next day (or at least 6 hours later), drain the water off the dates, figs, and almonds. Discard the soaking water.
- Put the dates, figs, almonds, coconut, hemp seeds, and the vanilla in a food processor in that order. Also, add the 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice if using (don't use store-bought since it's high in sugar.) Process until you get a thick dough like cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into small bites (balls about 1 inch thick) into a round shape and place on a glass plate spread evenly apart.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut if desired.