This raw vegan spin on a traditional Korean classic barbecue dish will make you want to get up and dance! You can learn more about bul go gi here.
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Asian pear, micro-planes or pureed in food processor
- 1 clove thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 Korean or jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 8 red lettuce leaves or more
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unpasteurized miso, any color
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne (to taste)
- Toss together all BulGoGi ingredients in one bowl. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Prepare fillings, and set aside.
- Squeeze excess marinade from mushrooms, and place into each lettuce leaf. Top with fillings.
- Whisk Gochujang ingredients to mix well, and drizzle on top of lettuce wraps.