Why have a regular Shamrock Shake when you can have a coffee and chocolate-infused Mocha Mint Superfood Shamrock Shake? This simple recipe is packed with nutrition and made with delicious, 100% plant-based ingredients. Supercharge your day with this tasty superfood shake!
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (RFR tip - raw almond or coconut milk would work great!)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup loose-leaf spinach (or ½ cup frozen spinach)
- ½ a frozen banana (or you could use 1 Medjool date or a pinch of stevia)
- a tiny drop of peppermint extract (I used peppermint essential oil) or fresh mint leaves
- 1 scoop or packet of chocolate or mocha-flavored plant-based nutritional shake, such as Vega One Mocha Nutritional Shake
- 4-5 ice cubes
- optional toppings - unsweetened yogurt (such as coconut yogurt) and raw cacao nibs
- Add all the ingredients except the toppings to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low, then progress to high until thick and creamy.
- Pour/scoop into a glass and leave enough at the top to add a dollop of unsweetened non-dairy yogurt and some raw cacao nibs.
- Freeze for 20 minutes to let it set up and get thicker as well as more frosty and tastier. Plus, freezing it helps bring out the sweetness even more!
- Enjoy with a large, wide straw or use a spoon--your choice!