These Mini Lemon Coconut Cookies are raw, vegan, dairy, oil and gluten-free, and they have no added sugar or additives of any kind. Featuring Medjool dates, lemon, and coconut, they’re a great treat or snack full of natural sweetness! Enjoy 1-2 at a time when you need a sweet fix, or crumble up 1-2 to enjoy on your morning oatmeal, your smoothie, or even some coconut yogurt.
- 10 pitted Medjool dates (if yours aren't pitted, remove the pits before making this recipe)*
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (finely shredded)- I used Let's Do Organic reduced fat variety which is more finely shredded and easier to work with
- juice from 1/4 a lemon (about 1 tbsp. of lemon juice)
- First, you'll need to soak the dates to soften them up. Put them in a bowl and cover them in cold water and them put them in the fridge overnight. Or you can soak them in a bowl covered in warm water for one hour and leave them out on the counter if you forget to soak them overnight in the fridge. When you're ready to make the recipe, drain the dates and discard the soaking water. Put them on a paper towel and pat dry just enough to remove any excess water dripping from them.
- Put the dates in the food processor or a mini food chopper (just put them in whole), or you can put them in the short cup of a Nutribullet like I did, if you have one.
- Add the coconut into the machine on top of the dates and then add the lemon juice. Puree/blend until you get a thick cookie dough and that's when you know you're done!
- Next, scoop out the dough with a spoon and roll into small balls about the size of a quarter each.
- Put each cookie on a glass plate to set, or you can put them in a glass reusable storage dish.
- Add any additional shredded coconut if you want a pretty garnish. Store these for one week in the fridge or you can freeze them in baggies and keep in the freezer up to a month.