Looking for a festive treat to whip up this Easter weekend? Look no further than these adorable Matcha Coconut Easter Nests by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla Cake. Remember those chocolate macaroon Easter nests from childhood? think of these as a more grown-up, but equally delicious ad wayyyyy more nutritious option.
- 1/2 cup Dastony coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup RawGuru cacao butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Dastony cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 cups finely shredded, dried coconut
- 1 cup rawmio dark chocolate or good quality vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 24 toasted (or raw) almonds
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut butter, cacao butter, cashew butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla and matcha until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut until coated.
- Spoon into 12 mounds on a piece of parchment paper, then make a little indentation into the center of each (you may need to reshape a little with your hands, that's ok). Place in the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Dip each almond into it one by one, letting the excess drain off well, and set on a parchment lined tray. Place in the freezer until hard.
- Pipe a little of the leftover melted chocolate into the center of each coconut nest, and place 2 almonds on it. Allow to set. Enjoy!