If your day is just not complete without something sweet and crunchy to round it out, then this recipe is a great option for you. It’s high in nutrition yet extremely low glycemic. Enjoy! Feel free to mix and match ingredients to tailor it to your preferences.
Ingredients group 1
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons ground xylitol*
- A few drops of stevia, to taste
- 2 pinches of salt
Ingredients Group 2
- 1/2 cup raw or toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whisk together the first set of ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the second set of ingredients and stir to combine. If the mixture gets too cold it will start to firm up so just set the bowl over a pot of hot water for a few minutes while stirring to loosen.
- Spread the mixture (as thick or thin as you want) on a parchment paper lined pan. Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and start snacking!