A beautiful cake that is so healthy it’s even suitable to enjoy during a detox. If you’re new to raw desserts, a key lime pie is the perfect place to start. It’s easy and very foolproof. This recipe comes enhanced with a burst of antioxidant-rich matcha green tea powder. This is a really simple recipe, but does require a high speed blender to get the filling super smooth.
- 2 cups raw cashews, (soak in water 2-4 hours)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon of matcha powder
- Process the nuts until they begin to break down and then add the dates and coconut. Process until the mixture comes together.
- Press the mixture into the base of a nine inch spring form pie tin.
- Strain the soaked cashews and rinse well.
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake base and refrigerate until firm, around 3-4 hours.
- The cake will keep int he fridge for up to five days. It also freezes well.