This cheesecake recipe is a refreshing dessert that tastes great anytime, but also goes over well at get togethers and holidays. Maybe the holiday is just you celebrating being alive with a grateful heart. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- pinch salt
- 2 cups almonds, soaked and (optionally) blanched
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water for blending
- 1/2cup cherries ($.40)
- 1/2 cup dates ($1.00)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.40)
- 1/4 cup whole cherries ($.20)
- In a food processor fitted with an “S: blade, process the almonds until coarsely ground.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture sticks together. Press into the bottom and up the sides of an eight inch springform pan.
- For the filling, in a food processor fitted with an “S: blade, process the soaked almonds until finely ground. Add the lemon juice, agave, vanilla, and salt and process, using additional water as necessary. Pour into the prepared crust and smooth. Cover and freeze until firm
- In a bullet type blender, process the cherries, dates, and lemon juice until very smooth. Stir in the whole cherries and spread over the top of the frozen pie. Cover and freeze again until firm.
- To serve, remove from freezer about twenty minutes beforehand and allow the pie to thaw slightly before cutting and serving.