If you don’t happen to live in the tropics you may have not had the immense pleasure of enjoying fresh jackfruit. However, if you’ve ever had juicy fruit gum then you will be familiar with its unique flavor – the product was in fact modeled after the taste of jackfruit. This raw cheesecake utilizes jackfruit in its dried form since it’s much easier to access, lending that sweet and fruity flavor to the creamy-rich filling. This recipe is vegan, raw, gluten-free, grain- free, soy-free and refined sugar-free. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon water
- Grind the almonds to flour in a food processor.
- Add the coconut, flour, and raisins. Process until the raisins are broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to incorporate.
- Press into a 6" spring form pan.
- Soak the jackfruit in the water for 3-4 hours, or until soft.
- Blend the jackfruit, soak water, cashews, nectar, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth in a high speed blender.
- For an extra special touch, dip extra dried jackfruit and coconut chips into melted dark chocolate, let the chocolate harden and then arrange on the top of the cake.