Are you looking for a way to get more plant based iron into your diet? Look no further. This smoothie bowl is loaded with this critical blood-building mineral thanks to raisins, unsulphured blackstrap molasses, and chaga tea. Getting your daily dose of iron has never been so delicious. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup brewed chaga tea*
- 1/3 cup packed raisins
- 1/2 frozen avocado**
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses, plus more to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup soft dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 6 large ice cubes
- Soak the raisins in the chaga tea (either soak them in chilled chaga tea and let sit for at least 4 hours to soften OR soak them in the hot tea but only use once cooled).
- Blend all but the ice cubes in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add the ice and blend again smooth and frosty. Eat immediately.