Sheleana from Young and Raw asks, “Do you suffer from inflammation, sore joins, menstrual cramps or even want to repair your muscles faster after yoga or a really good workout? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, boy do we have a cocktail for you!” This recipe utilizes fresh coconut water or a blend of green vegetable juices as a carrier for one of the most potent and renowned herbs to reduce inflammation: Tumeric! Because coconut water is so similar in composition to our own blood it makes it the perfect delivery system for this powerful healer. However, this recipe can also be made with green juice as the base. Try it and enjoy the many benefits of tumeric!
1-2 tsp. of Turmeric Powder or
1 Oz Juiced Turmeric Root
1 cup coconut water OR
Mix into fresh vegetable juice made in your juicer (celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon is a great anti-inflammatory juice to mix your turmeric into)
Mix your turmeric powder or juiced turmeric root into 1 cup of coconut water (if you don’t have it you can use water). Or, you can take your turmeric and mix it into a fresh vegetable juice. Drink right away and you can do this multiple times per day. Note that if you’re new to juicing or fresh roots, turmeric is very cleansing and you may need to use the washroom frequently, but this is normal.
10 Rawsome Facts About Tumeric
1. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been proven to reduce pain symptoms and help chronic pain sufferers with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Turmeric has long been recognized for it’s healing powers by physicians and healers in the holistic community, however western medical professionals are only just starting to learn about turmerics charms. perhaps the inability to patent nature has something to do with this slow learning curve?
3. If you suffer from acne, turmeric is not only helpful taken internally but you can also use it externally by making a turmeric paste. Put on your face or other areas of the skin for 20 minutes or overnight to reduce inflammation and clear up a break out. Keep in mind this might turn your skin orange so dont do this before a special event.
4. Turmeric root can be juiced and used as a pain reliever. Only a small amount is needed to do the trick.
5. Even chronic sufferers of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can experience relief by using turmeric on a frequent basis. Use it raw for best results by sprinkling it on salads and raw dishes as well as mixing it into fresh vegetable juices & coconut water.
6. Clean cuts and wounds with turmeric, it’s a natural anti-septic and anti-bacterial.
7. Turmeric has high amounts of anti-oxidants that fight cancer causing free radicals, keeping your immune system strong. If you have a cold or flu, turmeric is one of the best things you can do to speed up recovery.
8. Even chronic skin conditions like psoriasis can be helped with turmeric. for a healthy skin regimen, make a turmeric cocktail every day for 2 weeks accompanied by fresh raw foods, juices and green smoothies.
9. Using turmeric in your daily or weekly regimen will help you recover from yoga and workouts faster by reducing inflammation and easing sore muscles.
10. Turmeric also contains good amounts of iron and other minerals so use it as a blood builder.