Not sold on the added sugars and questionable additives (such as thickening agents) in store bought vegan yogurts? We can’t blame you! Try making your own from fresh, nutrient and enzyme-rich coconut meat. Ingesting daily probiotics will help keep the gastrointestinal tract populated with friendly bacteria. You can simply take a probiotic capsule or powder daily, or you can make this natural, dairy free, probiotic rich, raw coconut yoghurt….
- 1 Young Thai Coconut
- High quality probiotic powder or capsule (RFR tip: we love Sunbiotics Vanilla Probiotics)
- Open up four young coconuts and scoop out the flesh.
- Pop the flesh in a sieve and rinse well, taking care to peel off any of the husk still attached.
- Add the meat to a blender and empty in the contents of one dairy free probiotic capsule.
- Whizz till nice and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar or bowl, and cover the mouth loosely with a breathable fabric. Put the jar somewhere where it is reasonably warm, but not in direct sunlight.
- Leave the mixture to culture for up to 12 hours, after this point, you can taste it to see if its ready, it should be a little sour.
- Move to the fridge to stop the culturing process – you now have a perfectly natural, dairy free, probiotic filled yoghurt!
- Serve with fresh fruits or raw granola.