Making your own chocolate means you know what goes in it, you can make it as sweet or not so sweet as you want, and you can sweeten it with anything you prefer. It’s an incredibly rewarding activity, and a delicious treat that’s healthier than any store bought pick me up. Plus, it keeps so well for so long!
- Add cacao butter to a dry bowl and place that bowl on top of another half filled with hot water. Allow the cacao butter to slowly melt. (about 5 minutes)
- Remove cacao butter from heat and add maple syrup. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Add cacao powder and stir well until it’s smooth and there’s no lumps.
- Spoon the chocolate onto a non stick sheet and swiftly add toppings before the chocolate firms up.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes then transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy! If you’re not using fresh fruit, these keep well for weeks on the counter or, in summer, in the fridge. If you’re using fresh fruit as a topping, they will keep for about 2-3 days.