Ricotta lovers rejoice! It is actually not as labour intensive as it may seem to make your own homemade cheese at home from your favorite nuts. The next time you make a raw vegan lasagna, make sure this ricotta-style macadamia cheese is part of your recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts (soaked overnight & drained)
- 3/4 cup fresh water
- 1 Tbsp (half a lemon) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 capsules probiotic powder supplement
- In a high speed blender, blend just the nuts and the water.
- Blend until super creamy with no chunks.
- Transfer mixture from blender to a strainer lined with cheese cloth over a bowl. (see photos)
- Add the probiotics, salt salt and lemon. Fold the mixture a few times to combine.
- Place the bowl with strainer and nut mixture someplace in the house at room temperature away from kids and dust and open windows. The mixture will sort of ferment or culture during this time.
- You will want it to sit for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate mixture when it's done fermenting. Use this cheese as you wish.