Have you ever wondered how to make homemade lemonade that would taste great but be actually good for you? If that’s you, keep reading. You’ll see how to effortlessly create a refreshing fruity drink that’s flavorful and sweet but completely free of sugar and artificial flavorings. In 5 minutes. And you can tweak the recipe any way you want based on your favorite flavor, season, and supplies. Getting homemade lemonade just right depends a lot on your taste buds. That’s why you should taste test your lemonade as you go and adjust the amount of sweet and sour according to your preferences and dietary restrictions.
- 1-2 lemons or limes (use organic if you can) OR 3-6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- optional: ½ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- optional: a few leaves of your favorite herb, a couple slices ginger or some of your favorite spices
- healthy sweetener to taste
- 4 cups water
- Wash and roughly cut up the lemon(s)/limes(s) and transfer to a blender. Leave the peel on if you have organic ones, it gives the lemonade a more citrusy flavor.
- Add the berries, herbs, ginger etc. if using and pour in about half of the water.
- Blend until the fruit is chopped up into tiny little pieces. It doesn't have to be a smooth liquid, the goal is to distribute the flavors evenly.
- Strain using a mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add remaining water and sweeten to taste. Add more lemon/lime juice if you like.
- In the blender-less version, you'll need to squeeze out the lemon or lime juice by hand into your pitcher. If you want to add in the berries and herbs, you can still do that but keep them whole or roughly chop them before adding. They will infuse the lemonade a little bit but the flavor won't be as intensive as in the blender version. Then just pour in the water and mix in your favorite sweetener to taste.
- Then just pour in the water and mix in your favorite sweetener to taste.