Not only do raw flax crackers make a great alternative to regular crackers for those looking to avoid gluten, but they are also highly versatile. They can be layered with a yummy spread and veggies for an open faced “sandwich”, or crumbled atop a salad for added crunch. Besides being super crunchy and delicious they are also very simple, and cost effective to make. This recipes is super easy, what it comes down to is throwing everything into a bowl, placing it on a dehydrator try and removing all the moisture to create crisp and hearty crackers. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- I started with one cup of flax seeds and ground half of those in my blender (but feel free to use just ground or just whole seeds).
- Add these to a bowl with the the remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Now add the water and let it sit for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed, mix it well.
- Now add the mixture to a parchment paper lined dehydrator tray making sure its spread fairly thin, the thinner the crisper, just make sure it's not too thin, you shouldn't be able to see pieces of parchment paper.
- Dehydrate for several hours (or overnight until crisp.