The best thing about these Green Dream Popsicles is that they ACTUALLY taste like ice cream. Super creamy (even with light coconut milk) and deliciously sweet, these popsicles are the cure-all for ice cream cravings. A pinch of spirulina gives them a fun green color, but the flavor of these popsicles is vanilla all the way. Go all out by melting down some raw chocolate then sprinkle on some chopped pistachios. The end result is a crunchy shell around the creamy popsicle and it could not be more fun to eat.
- 1 can coconut milk (we used light but, for extra creaminess, use full-fat) (RFR tip: use homemade for a 100% raw version)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. spirulina
- 1½ dark raw chocolate bars (we used 65% dark)
- Handful of pistachios, chopped (or your favorite nut)
- Blend the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla beans, vanilla extract, and spirulina on high until creamy. Pour into your ice cream molds and place in your freezer overnight to set.
- When your popsicles are frozen (next day), melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted, let stand at room temperature to cool slightly.
- Remove each popsicle and spoon melted chocolate over ½ of the popsicle. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the chocolate. Place the popsicle on a plate or pan. Continue with the remaining popsicles, then return them back to your freezer for about 10 minutes to harden. Enjoy immediately or store in a container in your freezer!