A brilliantly composed, juicy-fresh and fruity dessert that will tantalize your taste buds and also help boost your immune system with plenty of vitamin c from fresh ruby grapefruit and lime juice! Gourmet in appearance, this recipe is actually quite simple in its array of ingredients. Ruby red grapefruit contrasts beautifully against the green toned avocado lime ice cream and crunchy pistachio nuts.
3 Tbsp golden raisins
1/4 cup pistachios
1/4 cup flaked coconut
a large pinch sea salt
1 Tbsp raw agave nectar or raw honey
1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into 4 slices horizontally
additional raw agave nectar or honey (optional)
*Raw Avocado Lime Ice Cream
*Raw Avocado Lime Ice Cream (recipe follows)
Makes about 4 cups
1 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp organic lime zest
2 cups avocado, mashed
2 cups young coconut meat, chopped
1/2 cup raw agave nectar or raw honey
seeds of one vanilla bean
a pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
For the streusel:
1) place the raisins in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add pistachios, coconut and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, and combined with the raisins. Add agave nectar and pulse a few times to combine.
2) Place one grapefruit slice on a serving plate (the bottom slice), then top with a bit of streusel, and a drizzle of agave nectar. Top with another grapefruit slice, then more streusel and honey and repeat twice, ending with streusel. Scoop some raw avocado lime ice cream alongside and serve!
Raw Avocado Lime Ice Cream:
1) Add lime juice to a food processor, along with zest, avocado, coconut meat, agave nectar, vanilla, and sea salt. Process until smooth, then with the processor running, add the coconut oil slowly and process until well incorporated, about a minute.
2) Pour the mixture through a fine meshed strainer and press through until you have removed any coconut bits (you can skip this step, but it makes for a smoother ice cream).
3) Pour the strained mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to directions. Remove from ice cream maker, and pour into a freezer safe container. Let chill in the freezer for a few hours until a little more firm before scooping.