Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and gastrointestinal health benefits, largely due to curcumin, which is a highly pigmented antioxidant, giving turmeric also its signature golden colour. Aside from just turmeric, this recipe also calls for several food grade essentials oils (make sure they are food grade and suitable for ingestion!) for even more medicinal benefits to aid digestion, and to enhance the flavor. Try swapping out your caffeinated beverage of choice with a turmeric latte for a set period of time, or for a few days per week, to give your adrenals some TLC.
- 250 grams/1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 toothpick ginger essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 toothpick black pepper essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia
- Add the almond milk to the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 minutes/80/speed 2
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 30 seconds/speed 8 until nice and frothy.
- Heat the almond in a small saucepan on medium heat until desired temperature is reached. You may choose to heat for 2-3 minutes, or until just warmed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until frothy.