These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter Cups are made with only 5 clean ingredients and are a fun snack! Naturally sweetened with organic medjool dates, made with a short ingredient list, and they can be done in just a few minutes with a food processor. These are the perfect healthy treat!
For the filling
- 1/2 cup organic raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons organic pumpkin spice
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the chocolate
- 1 cup raw chocolate chunks, or use Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
Prepare the filling
- Add all ingredients for the filling to a food processor and process until it is well blended and a thick paste-type consistency. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate to a small saucepan and melt on low heat until it's smooth, stirring the entire time to make sure it doesn't burn. RFR Tip: you can also use a double boiler method.
- You're going to make 3 layers. After adding each layer to the silicone baking cups, you will put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes so each layer can harden before adding the next layer.
- Bottom layer: Add 1 spoonful of the chocolate mixture to the bottom of each silicone baking cup; place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until it's hardened just enough to add the next layer; remove from freezer.
- Middle layer: Add 2 tablespoons of the filling on top of the chocolate layer; place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until it's hardened just enough to add the next layer; remove from freezer.