Fresh ginger and orange give this classic chia pudding a distinctive and festive flavor. Feel free to tweak the seasonings and sweetness to fit your tastes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped or grated fresh ginger
- Zest of 1 orange (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed is preferable, but store bought is fine)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Blend together the almond milk, ginger, orange zest and juice, and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture over the chia seeds in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir the mixture well, and then give it another stir every five minutes for the next twenty minutes. Place the mixture in the fridge for at least two hours, or preferably overnight.
- To serve, divide the chia pudding into four mason jars, cups, or serving bowls. Top each with two tablespoons of pistachios and one tablespoon of goji berries.