What do you do with that perfectly ripe avocado currently sitting in your fridge? KEY LIME CHEESECAKES! This recipe is perfectly creamy, sweet and delicious, and the end result is so pretty to look at too. The perfect dessert for late spring/early summer. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted or raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds or brazil nuts
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1 cup almond or 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar + stevia drops to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- Blend crust ingredients until crumble consistency and press down in muffin tray, I used a tiny bit of coconut oil in the bottom to make sure it would stick, fill 1/4 each hole and leave in freezer while making the filling.
- Blend all the cheesecake ingredients on a high-speed blender, add a little more almond milk if needed until really creamy and smooth. If you need more sweetness you can add a few stevia drops to taste.
- Spread the mixture on each crust and freeze for at least 7 hours.
- Remove from freezer and splash a bit of hot water on the back of the muffin tray to make it easier to remove the cheesecakes.
- Top with lime slices, coconut, cashews or any other favorite topping you have. Let it defrost before serving, you can leave them in the fridge for a couple of days or freezer for up to 3 weeks