This smoothie bowl quickly takes care of your recommended daily fruit intake, as it has nearly 3 servings of fruit! It will also give you a great energy kick in the morning, as maca is one of the best energy givers. It works especially well as it blends right into the smoothie, adding a hint of lovely caramel flavor. Its been said that Incan warriors would consume maca before going into battle to increase stamina. It really is a fantastic superfood to add to smoothies or oatmeal, before or after exercising for a much needed energy boost!
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup almond milk or coconut water (I used almond milk)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- pomegranate seeds
- any fruit (I used grapes and pomegranates)
- coconut flakes
- dried goji or mulberries
- Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy! Taste to see if you would like to add another date or tsp of honey to make it sweeter. Go nuts with as many toppings as you would like!