If you love the refreshing and vibrant flavor of lemons you will love this mouthwatering dessert by Joelle Amiot of jarOhoney! The crust is a delicious combination of truly raw cashews, hemp hearts, coconut and dates – raw AND paleo friendly. The filling combines the delicate and nearly floral flavor of meyer lemon with the more robust and acidic standard lemon for a nice balance of sweet and tart. Fresh banana makes the filling nice and creamy, while omega rich chia seeds are used to thicken things up. Wondering how to achieve that pop of bright yellow? Sun dried, organic turmeric root is the secret ingredient there. Store these lovely mini-tarts in the freezer for a healthy treat anytime.
1 pint ripe organic raspberries
10 sun dried organic Madjool dates
1 cup filtered water
1/2 cup filtered water
1/4 cup combination of 1/2 fresh organic Meyer Lemon Zest and 1/2 fresh organic standard lemon zest, mix well in a small bowl and reserve
1 cup sun dried organic un-sulphered/un-sweetened coconut flakes, pulse chop to a fine meal
3/4 cup raw organic hemp hearts
1 cup organic whole truly raw cashews, grind to a fine meal
1 TBSP whole organic chia seeds
3/4 cup fresh organic Meyer Lemon Juice
3/4 cup fresh organic standard lemon juice
2 small ripe organic bananas
1/3 cup raw local honey
1 tsp sun dried organic turmeric root
2 TBSP whole organic chia seeds, grind to a fine powder (I use an old coffee grinder)
1) On a small baking sheet, place the raspberries on and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
2) Remove the raspberries from the freezer and place in a plastic bag.
3) Gently use the smooth side of a meat mallet or large spoon and lightly tap the frozen raspberries to break them apart into individual seeds. Spread out the seeds in a sealed container and place back in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
4) Halve and pit the dates, add them to a medium bowl and cover with the 1 cup filtered water. Allow to soak at room temperature for 16 hours. After they are soaked drain and reserve the liquid and set the soaked date halves aside.
5) In a food processor, add 14 of the date halves and 1/2 cup of filtered water and blend until smooth, set aside.
6) In a medium mixing bowl add the lemon zest, coconut, hemp hearts, cashews and whole chia seeds and mix until blended well.
7) Now add the blended dates and mix well, this is your crust mix.
8) Line a 24 standard muffin tin with 16 paper liners. Evenly distribute the crust mix and gently press into the bottom of the cups level.
9) In a blender- add the two lemon juices, bananas, honey and the reserved date soaking liquid, blend on high until smooth and creamy.
10) Add the ground chia seeds and blend on high until smooth.
11) Even pour this mixture into the crust filled muffin cups. Set level in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
12) Now place in the freezer level and freeze for 3 hours until firmly set.
13) Gently remove from the muffin tin and place in a sealed container for up to 1 month. When you are ready to serve, remove the tarts from the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes, garnish with 16th of the frozen raspberry seed like shown in the picture.
For this recipe you will need:
24 standard muffin tin and 16 standard paper muffin liners