Get your fix of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Iron, Calcium and Potassium by crunching away on these terrific tangy-salty dill pickle flavored kale chips! Free of all nuts and made extra crisp through the use of ultra healthy coconut oil.
1 head of curly kale
1 small bunch of dill
1/4c of coconut vinegar
1 tbsp of coconut oil
a pinch of himalayan salt
1) Remove all of the stems from your kale leaves. Wash and shake off all of the excess water. Tear the leaves in small pieces, not too small because they will shrink up a bit when you put them in the oven.
2) Place the kale pieces into a shallow bowl and pour the coconut vinegar over the top. Give it a good mix with your hands so that each bite of kale gets to bathe in the yumminess.
3) Let it marinade for about thirty minutes…longer is fine. Once they are done bathing, squeeze out most of the vinegar and place the kale onto a baking sheet.
4) Place your dill and your coconut oil in a food processor and whiz for just a minute, until the dill is almost a paste.
5) Remove the blade from your processor and scoop out the dill mixture with your hands (your best kitchen tool!). Massage the dill paste all over the kale leaves until it’s somewhat evenly distributed. Sprinkle the himalayan salt over the top and place them into a dehydrator until crisp (overnight is usually sufficient). Half way through, give them a toss. You want them to be crunchy, not soggy.