A caramel-y chewy textured center mixed with a crunchy buttery cookie, all topped with chocolate. What’s not to love about that combination! Well, aside from all of the processed refined sugar that will leave you soaring one second only to crash and burn shortly after. If you’re a Twix lover – don’t despair! Try this homemade raw vegan version that is basically so healthful you could even get away with eating one for breakfast. These are the perfect dessert for kids too!
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond flour*
- 1/2 cup (60g) coconut flour*
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 7 medjool dates, pitted*
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) organic tahini**.
- 3.5 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3.5 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 2.5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Stir the above ingredients in a bowl until moist and sightly crumbly (it shouldn’t be too crumbly).
- Scoop into a 8×8 glass dish lined with parchment paper, press firmly into the dish.
- Place in the freezer.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10-15 or until nice and soft then drain the water.
- Blend all three ingredients in a blender on high until thick and smooth. If you have a Vitamix you’ll need to use the tamper to scrape down the sides. Otherwise, if you don’t have one, just stop the blender as needed to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Scoop out the caramel onto the cookie crust and spread evenly.
- Set in the freezer for up to 4 hours (it’ll take at least 2 hours to harden).
- Whisk the above ingredients together in a small bowl until it becomes a smooth liquid chocolate.
- Take the dish out of the freezer when ready, slice, and dip the bars in the chocolate.
- Place back into the freezer for at least 15 minutes and enjoy when you like!