Creamy Raw Cashew Aioli – a vegan alternative to the classic and a great staple recipe to keep on hand for everything from raw tacos and homemade burgers to creamy salad dressings. Cashews are naturally creamy when blended so make a fabulous base for the aioli, though macadamia nuts are also divine (particularly as a combo with the garlic). If you have a sensitivity or allergy to nuts, you can substitute with sunflower seeds or even avocado – if you don’t mind it being green of course.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 2-5 hours
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 big pinches fine sea salt (or more – taste first)
- ½ teaspoon organic soy lecithin (see notes) - optional
- Drain and rinse the cashews then add all ingredients to the blender, whiz till smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.