A simple and creamy cucumber soup by Lisa Viger you can whip up any night of the week in just a few minutes. As the summer roles in you’ll be wanting to step away from the hot stove and dust off those blenders for some delicious raw blended soups and bisques to refresh and cool the senses. Make this recipe as directed or try adding a splash of lemon for a bit of tang. Enjoy!
1/2 medium onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup water for blending
salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes
1) Finely dice a 2 inch piece of cucumber and set aside for later.
2) In a blender, puree rest of the cucumber, avocado, 1/4 of the onion, garlic, and olive oil.
3) Chop the cucumber and avocado first to make blending easier.
4) Add the water as needed for blending. Let this blend for a minute or two, to get really creamy.
5) Salt and pepper to taste.
6) Top with a bit of the reserved diced cucumber and onion.
7) Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and add a small drizzle of olive oil, if desired.