Have you ever seen a purple crust on a cake before? On a raw, healthy cake, that is. Without artificial colorings and no funky business. With just a touch of blueberry magic. This cake is light, silky, creamy, and unbelievably delish. It also happens to be completely nut-free! Enjoy!
- 3 really full TBSP coconut butter
- 2 flat TBSP mashed blueberries (YEP - that is all!)
- meat of 1 young coconut (about 1 cup)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup (or 3 TBSP if you prefer it sweeter)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- chia seeds
- edible flowers – no need to be fancy: go for rosemary flowers, basil flowers or dry lavender buds
- Line your cake dish with cling film.
- Mix the ingredients for the crust in a bowl. They can easily be mixed with a spoon.
- Press the crust in the cake dish and form your crust. It will be soft at this stage, but it firms up well in the fridge.
- Pop the cake pan in the fridge.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to a blender and whiz up for few seconds, until it becomes smooth and silky. Taste at this point to see if it’s sweet enough for you.
- Scoop the filling into the cake pan. Depending on how much coconut meat your coconut has, you might have an extra spoon or two of filling left, but I’m pretty sure you know what to do with that.
- Pop the cake in the fridge to firm up.
- Serve with chia seeds and edible flowers.